University of Ljubljana – School of Economics and Business, Ljubljana, Slovenia
University of Ljubljana - School of Economics and Business
About the University of Ljubljana, School of Economics and Business (SEB LU)
The SEB LU is both a national leader and an internationally recognised academic and research institution in the fields of business and economics. It strives to become perceived as the world-renowned institution for the quality of its academic programmes and achievements in education and research.
Facts & Figures
- The SEB LU is a member of the University of Ljubljana.
- The SEB LU’s campusis located in the northern part of Ljubljana and is easily accessible by public transport, car and bicycle.
- The SEB LU belongs to an elite group of business schools worldwide with the Triple Crown accreditations – EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- The SEB LU’s tourism programmes also hold the UNWTO’s prestigious TedQual international accreditation.
- The international business graduate programme of the SEB LU holds the European CeQuInt (Certificate for Quality in Internationalisation) certificate in the field of internationalisation.
- The SEB LU IMB programme is among world’s 100 best “Masters in Management” programmes in the 2018 Financial Times ranking.
- The SEB LU is declared the third best school in the Eastern Europe by the Eduniversal.
- The SEB LU has two undergraduate Bologna 3+ programmes where students are able to choose from among 12 specialisations in the University Degree Programme in Business and Economics and 10 specialisations in the Professional Degree Programme in Business Administration.
- On the graduate level, a student can choose from 18 Bologna 2+ programmes, of which 10 programmes are in the English language and 1 programme is conducted abroad.
- The SEB LU offers a 3+ Doctoral Programmein Economics and Business in English.
- The SEB LU offers 3 undergraduate Double Degree Programmes.
- The SEB LU offers 6 graduate Double Degree Programmesas well as joint degree programme – European Master in Tourism Management (EMTM).
- The SEB LU MBA programme accredited by AMBA offers an upgrade of practical knowledge in economics and business to leading staff with several years of work experience.
- The SEB LU student community is the largest student community in Slovenia with passing on knowledge from the area of economics and business to over 4,700 SEB LU studentsper year.
- The SEB LU faculty members participate in different academic and staff exchange programmes and have rich international experience.
- The SEB LU is home to many prominent international professors from respected universities around the globe.
- The SEB LU has more than 220 international agreements in place with partner institutions from 58 different countries.
- The SEB LU has over 2,000 international students:
- over 690 foreign full-time undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students;
- over 690 exchange students per year (incoming and outgoing);
- over 680 foreign students annually in other programmes (summer schools, short intensive programmes etc.).
- The SEB LU’s Summer School – Take the Best from East & West– is one of the biggest and most popular in the area of economic and business sciences in Europe.
- The Confucius Institute at the SEB LU is the only business institute in this part of Europe.
- The SEB LU is a member of several international organisations and associations.
- The SEB LU is a founding member of the ACE (Alliance of Chinese and European Business Schools) strategic association.
- The SEB LU has over 11,000 alumni
- The SEB LU offers membership in the prestigious American Beta Gamma SigmaAssociation to its best students.
- The SEB LU’s Centre for Student and Career Services(CERŠ) provides help and guidance to students during their studies as well as for planning their career and personal development.
- The SEB LU organises over 30 scientific-research seminars and conferences
- Every year the SEB LU confers awards on researchers for the best published paper.
- The SEB LU is a socially responsible institution.
- The SEB LU community are guided by the SEB LU’s core values– eagerness to learn, creativity, entrepreneurialism, integrity, respect and inclusiveness.
- The SEB LU cooperates with the business world.
- The SEB LU enjoys the support of the Business Advisory Board, which is consisting of representatives from international companies, not for profit organizations and international academia. Its primary role is to offer guidance to the Senate by steering, supporting, and monitoring the creation and implementation of the SEB LU’s strategic guidelines.
Assistant Prof. Dr. Anton Manfreda
Anton Manfreda is an assistant professor in the Department of Business Informatics at the University of Ljubljana, School of Economics and Business, Slovenia. His area of interest chiefly encompasses research into the business-IS relationship, examining digital transformation from various perspectives, technology adoption and business process management. His work has appeared in International journal of information management, Information Technology & People journal, Journal of enterprise information management and other international and national journals. He has also been a consultant for business process change on several projects in the public and private sector. He also participated in the EU project FORSEE (regional ICT foresight exercise for southeast European countries).
Prof. Dr. Aleš Groznik
Aleš Groznik is a full professor in the Department of Business Informatics at the University of Ljubljana, School of Economics and Business. His research interest is in the areas of long range planning of IT and logistics. His research area also covers studies on supply chain management, e-business and information technology management in ever changing business environments. He published over 150 papers in international journals and conferences, amongst them in Supply chain management journal, Journal of enterprise information management and Government information quarterly journal. He also participated in the EU project FORSEE (regional ICT foresight exercise for southeast European countries).
Kardeljeva ploščad 17
SI – 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija
Tel.: +1386 1 5892 400